~ Ivan Slavinsky ~



Artist Ivan Slavinsky
Leningrad, Russia, 1968




Ivan Slavinsky is a contemporary artist. As a son to an art historian mother and a well-known Leningrad painter (Dmitry Oboznenko), it could be said that Ivan was destined to be an artist from an early age. 

I was about 5 years when I felt tired of making the same old stuff. I noticed a nice picture on the wall (a reproduction of Raphael) and decided to make a copy of it. When I finished, I brought it to my mother. She could not hide her surprise, a sort of: ‘My son is a genius!’ When my father came home, he was struck too! He did not say much but the next day he took me to art school.”  

Ivan has established himself as a well respected artist whose works have been sought after by art connoisseurs and representatives of foreign galleries in Italy, France, Great Britain, Holland, Belgium, and America. Although painting in a style that is uniquely his own, he does not limit himself to paint any one particular subject and is comfortable working that border on surrealistic portraits and landscapes or even impressionist still lifes.




























Nessun commento:

Posta un commento